9.30.2008

back in 1948

Sometimes I like to go browse vintage sewing patterns.  It's entertaining, yes, but even more, I like to imagine my grandmother in the glamorous outfits.

Even though she grew up the daughter of a working-class Irish immigrant and I imagine fancy clothing was not something she enjoyed, I love imagining her strutting down the streets of Boston in an elegant suit.  Maybe she imagined it, too.

You may or may not be aware that I had the joy of wearing my grandmother's wedding gown for my own wedding.  Candlelight satin.  Long pointed sleeves.  Piping in two tiers around the skirt.  Beautiful.


1 comment:

  1. Your grandmother would have liked this ok for sure but your great grandmother would have LOVED it. She was quite the society belle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics