9.21.2008

booking through thursday...

on some other day.

Autumn is starting (here in the US, anyway), and kids are heading back to school - does the changing season change your reading habits?  Less time?  More?  Are you just in the mood for different kinds of books than you were over the summer?

My reading habits don't change according to the weather, per se.  They're more affected by changing circumstances, which may or may not have anything to do with reading at all.

I try to read every day.  Some days I spend an hour or two (or more!) in a book, other days it's a struggle to read more than 3 or 4 pages.  I think autumn makes me THINK about reading a lot more than spring or summer do, because I start envisioning cosy evenings by the fire, buried under blankets with a hot mug of tea.

We won't point out that I don't actually HAVE a fire place, because I might cry at that.

I think my tastes in reading are somewhat determined by circumstances, also.  That is to say - when I am on vacation, I like to read really light novels.  But when I'm heavily entrenched in work-mode, or when I am feeling motivated to build up and maintain some semblance of intellect (that is to say, MOST of the time), I'd rather pick up a book about language, or a biography, or a fantastically written novel.

And then, when I've read too many of these, I find something light to read.  Cus you know, steak is great and all, but you can't have steak every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics