4.30.2008

no dreamz is good dreamz

In keeping with the slumber-ish posts of late, I hereby present to you, dear reader, Last Night's Dream Report.


No dreams that I can remember. Slept through the night. Might, in fact, STILL be sleeping, thank you very much Benadryl.


I did have a hard time getting to sleep cus I was in a drug-induced scared haze...I guess I was scared I'd dream about tornadoes all night again. So I made Brian assure me that we are safe and that I could bring Eli, and that we'd hide in the bathroom, blah blah blah. That helped, apparently.


When I have nightmares, they tend to involve natural disasters or hiding out from Big Brother. And the biggest scariest thing in them is having to save Eli, over and over and over. This little tiny dog infiltrates every bad dream I have and causes all kinds of imaginary terror and heartache. Burning houses, submerged cars, excessive gunfire... I don't know what I would do if something happened such that I had to decide that I couldn't/shouldn't try to save him. I have a feeling I'd get pretty reckless to try to rescue him from anything... the goal is to prevent that decision from ever having to be made.


Are there any pet owners out there who deal with the same thing? Do you ever wonder what you would do in various disastrous situations? If your house is on fire and you have to get out immediately because of the danger, but your dog is in its crate in the back room, would you go try to get it, or would you keep away for your own safety? (Me, I would wrap up in the nearest wool blanket and charge in there, nothing to stop me. Am I crazy?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics