5.18.2008

some ways I'm high maintenance

It doesn't take much to keep me content.

One of the things that I like about Brian is that he's pretty low maintenance. There isn't much that he 'requires' to be happy... basically he just needs a glass bottled coke and some iron transfer paper, and he's good to go.

I think I require a little more. Not much more, but there are some things that I've missed lately.

I would very much like, for example, to buy yarn. I love yarn. I love playing with yarn. I wish I could pick a project and then buy the yarn, instead of poking through my stash, which is getting less and less interesting, and then inventing a project. I would love to be able to pick up whatever I'd need for a cardigan, or bust out this shawl I've been eying for months and months. It's just a matter of not having the extra $40.

So yarn is something that I value. Something else I value is skincare. I wish I could get all the different washes and toners and creams and lotions. I wish I didn't have to stick to what's in the drugstore. I went to a mall a couple days ago with a friend, because she needed to get some new eye cream. We went to Origins, in Macy's. I'd never been there before. Aaaaaaand...it was amazing. The saleslady was nice even though Anna was giving her a little bit of a hard time, and the different kinds of products really fascinated me. I wish I could get the masks and the scrubs and the 'lip savers' and whatnot. But again, I don't have the spare $32.50 sitting around.

I'm really excited about the next few months, though. We've started crossing off all the neglected must-dos on the to-do list, and then maybe we'll have some actual disposable income...and I can start thinking about a yarn budget and a skincare budget and Brian can work on his DVD collection some more. You know, live like normal people do. Normal! Me!

It should also be noted that some of our 'must do' items include getting our bikes in working order and visiting our families. Almost like those "Mandatory Fun" nights we had at TIP camp. So it's not like we're miserable and lifeless and slumming it, right now.... more like, adhering to a strict list of carefully considered priorities. I'll defer my desire for a new moisturizer so that I can see all the folks.

PS, Richmonders, any tips on bike shops? Mostly we just need to replace some tires and have my old AutoBike checked out and put back in working order. I'm hoping new tubes is all it needs....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics