8.18.2008

olympic-sized love

I've loved the Olympics since 1992, when they were in Barcelona and my 9-year-old self was flat-out AWED by the opening ceremonies.  I still remember scenes from them...and wow.  We took a weeklong vacation during the 96 games, and spent all kinds of hours watching the amazing women's gymnastics dream teams come head to head.  I also developed a HUGE crush on Alexei Niemov...but who didn't?

Now, I love it all.  Except for boxing - I never got into that one.  But seriously - volleyball, crew, swimming, gymnastics, all those amazing track and field events...

I can't believe we're halfway done!!  That's typical me, though --  being sad about something before it happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics