7.11.2008

so THIS is how stable feels

I had a slow, draggy couple of days at work today and yesterday.  A few projects that are bumping up against what I hope will be a glass ceiling...a few fun creative things that I have to put on the backburner...a 'shake-up' announcement that I sense may be in the near future, which will directly impact me, and I'm not sure how to feel about it...

I'll keep you all posted.

It's been an interesting week, though.  Wednessday I had my first performance review EVER, and I think it went pretty well.  YouthBuild is coming along, although we need some actual YOUTH to sign up or else I will spend some long hours staring at ceilings next week.  I'm building some new friendships through work, and words cannot express how happy I am about these, after being here for a year and not making any friends.  And like I said, I'm sensing some changes on the horizon.  Changes add an extra charge in the air.

On a more personal level, it's been a pretty good week.  I've felt nice and stable - something I'm not used to.  The housework doesn't seem so borish, and it's actually getting done.  Eli's been super cute.  I made cookies, and folks at work celebrated.  I had a SUCCESSFUL exciting trip to CVS (to the extent that CVS can be exciting) wherein I spent $38, saved $50, and got $30 in 'CVS dollars.'  I'm not sure how, but we had enough money to cover the bills without siphoning off too much from savings....I'm pretty sure God had something to do with this.  Brian seems to be in brighter spirits, too.  The biggest let-down (other than not sleeping through the night at all ever in the past few weeks) was this week's So You Think You Can Dance.  I just didn't enjoy it as much.  Richmond Public Library let me extend my rental another week, which was great because I thought I was at my extension limit and I'm not quite done with the current Anne Lamott selection.  PLUS, my bike is in the shop and will be back next week, all fixed up and ready to go!  That'll be awesome - even LESS driving.  Me likey.

I haven't had such a 'normal' or 'balanced' or 'stable' week in a long while.  It feels good.  Too good to comprehend, actually.  I could get used to this.

There is some fun to be had tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics