7.10.2008

that special place

In a lot of the books and blogs I read about how to downsize your life or declutter, find your bliss, discover your true path, enhance your spirituality, simplify, and/or live creatively, there's an emphasis on setting up your own private space.  This is where you keep the things that help you 'center' - your old typewriter and your fountain pen and your wonderfully scented candle and only your favorite colors and your special journal (in which you are writing every day, of course).  

This is something I've wanted to do for myself for years, but haven't.  I feel stymied - I don't know where to start!  I have a few pieces - the candle for one, and a journal.  I would love an old-fashioned typewriter.  I have the hand-made cedar chest to house my most treasured possessions.  I have the antique desk for if/when I launch a writing career.  (And by the way, is it just me or are half the people on the earth planning to launch a writing career someday?)

I could start reading my Simple Abundance book again - in this, Julia Cameron teaches you how to re-set your mind and operate out of that.  And this would fit nicely with my now-forming habit of getting up a lot earlier in the morning to try to be productive at home before I go be productive at work, since I come home too tired to be significantly productive.

Have you ever been able to establish a place in your home that is solely yours, that feeds your soul and energizes you and rests you at the same time?  How did you get there?  What are some things you've placed there that are significant for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics