11.02.2009

Weekend recap and Monday-Monday

Big things are happening at home.  This past weekend, Brian was ordained.  It's official - he is a Minister of Word and Sacrament, and more concern-worthy, I am a Minister's Wife.  I should probably take a moment to go through all my archives and remove every instance of the word 'hell' (all what, three of them?) - just in case.

After a nice dinner with Julia - the last NC friend on my list to see before we left - I drove down to Concord, NC to be with Brian and his family.  Brian had left for Colorado more than two weeks earlier, so it was a happy reunion.  Saturday was an early Thanksgiving meal with Brian's family and some very close family friends, topped off with a round of trick-or-treaters at the door.  Sunday, of course, had Brian's ordination.  We got in late last night and the general mood was one of contentedness and complete exhaustion.  Brian has a lot of things to do to get us ready to move, and I have made him several lists to help him - because that's what any good Minister's Wife would do.  Also, my mom came up last week and made a bunch of freezer meals for us, so we don't have to think about food.  Thanks, ma!

This will be my last Monday at work.  I think I am mostly done being sad about leaving - or at the very least, I am more excited than sad at this point.  I had a real cryfest last week and I've been focused on the mechanics of moving, ever since. 

Richmond, I love you, and I am sad to be leaving you.  Denver, you'd better be ready to step up.

We have begun the days-away countdown.  Five days.  I've thought about installing one of those little count down thingers on the blog, but who has the time to research those?

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're moving so far! You're going to love CO. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics