11.01.2010

boy you must be crazy




When I was in the third grade, my class took a field trip to an aquarium downtown. Or a fish store? Or maybe it was a swimming center. I don't remember much, just that there was water and maybe fish involved. I rode with a couple other kids with one of the moms. As we were making our way back to school, the kid whose mom was driving (Chris F, for my Res friends who might be reading) put a CD in the player. (You remember CDs, right?) It was music I'd never heard, by a band I'd never heard of. I liked it, mostly because it was Christian but it 'sounded cool' so - apparently - I told my mom about it. That year for Christmas, I received my very first CD: dcTalk's Free at Last.

This song is from that CD. There's a part in it where a girl says 'Boy you MUST be crazy.' I admit, I have been known to say this phrase, sometimes with the same inflection, on occasion (though not in the circumstances depicted in the song). It's amazing how some aural things stick with you for so long.

2 comments:

  1. ah I have some fond DC Talk memories as well. Headbanging to Jesus Freak and all that... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that CD in high school. On one church road trip we girls drove the boys crazy by listening to "Lean on Me" for hours on end (and singing it at the top of our lungs of course).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics