9.17.2010

Today I'm thankful for:

I'm linking up with Company Girl Coffee this morning. Come play along!

1. Being able to work part-time. Brian makes enough to support both of us, and this is kind of a big deal to me. My part-time income is completely voluntary and it helps make our life a little easier. I'm not sure I'm cut out for full-time office work, as we've learned over the past three years. I'm so grateful to have a husband who provides enough for us. I'm not sure I tell him this enough. 

2. NOT living near forest fires. Tornadoes are scary, but they're here and gone in a flash. You know whether you were hit or not, pretty much immediately. Hurricanes are scary too, but you generally get lots of warning, and they can be tracked. Forest fires don't work that way. They move slowly and are difficult to monitor. You might not know for days or weeks whether your house survived. We see and smell the smoke from the nearby Boulder County forest fires, but the fire isn't a threat to our home. I hear stories every day from people who have lost their homes, who don't know if their houses are even standing, and who don't know what is going to happen to their family when they can access their property and learn the damage.

3. The chilly mornings and evenings. Midday here is still a little swampy and miserable, but the mornings and evenings are nice and chilly. I love old sweatshirts, and there is now a place for them in my wardrobe again. Another thing I love: walking on the cold, dew-covered grass in the morning. My Grandovie used to fuss at me for going around barefoot when it was chilly (for the love of Pete, you'll catch your death of cold) and she bought me I-don't-know-how-many slippers. But to no avail. I'm still that girl who won't wear slippers in the morning.



What's ringing your thankfulness bell this morning?

6 comments:

  1. Chilly weather, warm quilts under which to snuggle, the leisure to read and a special mug for hot chocolate. Over all, for a God who provides not only what we need, but what He in His love for us wants to bless us with, over and above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comments about my fall decor. And, I bet they have the copper pumpkins somewhere around there.

    So wonderful that you can work part time. What a blessings!

    Can't wait for us to have chilly mornings, days and evenings! :o)

    Blessings to you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of things to be thankful for.

    1. I'm lucky enough to be able to stay home with our 2 girls. I can't imagine it any other way. I'm not sure I would make it in the office either.

    2. We just had an explosion in a city about 40 minutes away (our friends were a half mile away from it), and it set houses on fire. Very scary. Witnesses say they thought it was the end of the world. We do live in earthquake country. That is scary too.

    3. Haven't seen the sun all day. Hoping it will come out before summer ends. We've only had a handful of hot days over here, which is unusual.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, I'm thankful for sweet friendships, rain, and a God who loves me no matter what I may struggle with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful for:

    The blessing of being a stay at home wife and mama.

    The freedom of choice and being allowed to homeschool my children.

    Bloggers who know me not but encourage and uplift me like angels.

    Many, many more things! Thanks for helping make me reflect on gratitude! I pray you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thankful for a weekend full of accomplishments around the house and for the quiet of the house after the little ones are in bed, Ahhhhhh!

    So glad you like your part time job. I have often wished I could get a little something to help out a little, but with home schooling and a husband on call 24/7 it is tough to find anything that works!

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics