12.16.2009

some errands, some bread, and a little bit of word association




I don't know about you, but I've got a huge list of errands to run today.  My list holds 8 stops.  There's your standard issue trip to the grocery store and the post office, some returns to make, some ballet tickets to pick up, AND...a trip to the library to pick up my rental copy of Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes.  I'm pretty stoked about that last one.  Honestly though, I don't know if I'm going to make it through the whole list.  Do you ever have errand days wherein you have given up before you even head out? 

I tried my hand at baking some high altitude challah yesterday, and while it turned out much better than my last attempt at making challah (no pictures survived either incident) it's still not quite right.  I think maybe I'm not letting the dough rise long enough.  I'm going to play around with a few other yeasty breads (helloooooo dinner rolls) before I try another serious loaf, and maybe I'll get the hang of it before long.  And with the artisan bread book heading my way, I'm pretty hopeful that homemade bread will become a regular thing in this here household.

And now for a quick meme....I say/you think (or should it be you say/I think?)


1. Taxman :: Obama
2. Material :: quilts
3. Format :: Word doc
4. File cabinet :: Bills
5. Ignore :: dont!
6. Super! :: crappy
7. Fireproof :: Kirk (Cameron)
8. Blockbuster :: online
9. Snooper :: Snoopy
10. Good will ::shopping





What are YOU up to today, my friends?

2 comments:

  1. I have TOTALLY given up on errands before beginning. Some days when I sleep until the afternoon from work I get up and start to get stuff done and then give up and figure I'll just start fresh in the morning. I have gotten to the elevator and turned around back down the hall because I've realized my husband will be home in an hour and a half and I should just stay here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have days like that too. My problem is that I get up really early and the best time for me to leave the dogs is between 8am and 10am - but a lot of things I need to do aren't open then - or they open at 10, or they open at 9 and I can't get to all of them, and I hate taking multiple trips. I didn't really get much done yesterday. Of my 8 tasks, I did 1.5. Today might be the day :) and if not...tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics