7.01.2009

Manic Monday #174

It's been a while, and I'm behind the times. Nevertheless, here is this week's Manic Monday! Play along here.


What is the longest love relationship (partner) you have had, and if it has ended, why?

The longest relationship I've had lasted about 4 years, with the last year of it being somewhat 'undefined.' It ended because he is a jackass and I wasn't ok with it any longer. When people ask me what happened, I just say this: that our relationship was great while we were in college, but it didn't work when we started transitioning to the real world. A lot of relationships are like that. You change in college, you change when you're finding your way after college. Our changes weren't compatible. Plus, the older he got the more of a tool he became.

Incidentally, I was with that guy longer than I've been with my husband :) And I'm way happier and better off.



What is on your bedside table?

I am currently reevaluating the things I want to have on my bedside table, so this list might shrink. But with that said, my bedside table currently holds a 3-wick candle with a YUMMY smell, my iHome ipod dock/clock radio (which needs replacing because the buttons don't work most of the time, argh), a framed picture of Brian and me on our honeymoon, a framed letter he wrote me shortly after we started dating (so sweet!) and the stack of books I'm reading or hope to be reading soon. My faithful copy of the American Heritage Dictionary is hanging out there for now, too, in an effort to continue recouping the vocabulary I lost with the head injury.



How many pillows do you have on your bed? Do you make your bed every day?

I sleep with one pillow, Brian sleeps with 2. Along with those, I have 3 decorative pillows that I put on the bed most days. No shams, no major foofiness. Plain light quilt that coordinates with the sheets and pillowcases, and the sometimes-present 3 decorative ones. Love. We make the bed almost every day; a lot of times, I'll go in there to make it and Brian will already have straightened the covers! Again with the sweetness. It's so much easier to make when there's no fuss - he doesn't feel alienated, girlied-out, or overwhelmed/put off with ridiculousness, but if I feel like adding 10 seconds of effort, I can toss the pillows on top and get my cuteness fix. It works (well) for us.

1 comment:

  1. I love your answers!

    Love and change don't mix well most of the time.

    I think I should reevaluate my list on my bedside table or better yet get a bigger table.

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics