4.03.2009

booking through thursday, on friday

SO my BTT post got usurped by a fantastic April Fools prank.  Here's today's BTT a day late.  As always, play along here.


I saw that National Library week is coming up in April, and that led to some questions. How often do you use your public library and how do you use it? Has the coffeehouse/bookstore replaced the library? Did you go to the library as a child? Do you have any particular memories of the library? Do you like sleek, modern, active libraries or the older, darker, quiet, cozy libraries?



I love libraries.  I spent a lot of time in the library right down the street from my high school, seeing as I was an IBer and was always doing research.  That library was cute, sunny, and quiet - with a really ugly exterior paint job.

I love the neighborhood library here, too.  It's close enough to bike, and the staff are always so friendly.  It's an old, dark, tired little library and I love it. When I'm reading, I like to cozy up and get lost in the booky environment, not sit in an uncomfortable chair.  There's something special about libraries, about being in a place filled with volumes that have been fostered out through the community for so many years and then returned to their home, waiting to give their knowledge and experience to someone new.

That's why I don't like book stores.  Well, let me adjust that.  I LOVE book stores.  I love browsing for just the right title, trying to fine the ONE (or maybe the FEW) that will come home with me.  But reading there?  No way.  And since I'm trying to make it through the books I already have before buying new ones, I don't venture to the shops very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics