2.01.2010

The Installation

What do plumbing, software, and Brian all have in common?

They have to get installed!


Yesterday at 4pm, Brian's installation service took place at our new home church. This is some kind of Presbyterian formality that I don't quite understand yet, but basically the idea is, he is officially official now. (The Senior Pastor kept saying Brian was now 'riveted' to the church - I guess they want him to stick around a long time too!) Brian received his M-Div last fall, he was ordained on Nov. 1, and he began work at Wellshire on November something. November 10, I think. (I was too busy unpacking boxes to look at a calendar.) Anyway.

So he has been working at the church for about 2.5 months now. He has served on staff as their Minister of Youth, Young Adults and Alternative Worship. Staff meetings, pay check, the whole enchilada. But the installation is his formal beginning, I guess. Like I said, I don't understand Presbyterian ways yet.

HOWEVER. I am so proud of him. He had to overcome a lot to get to where he is today, and we are so happy to be here. (Except between the hours of 5 and 7am, for me. These are consistently unhappy for me. But this has more to do with Rory than with Denver or the church. I'm just not a morning person.) (Actually, speaking of Rory, we kept her up late again last night and she let me sleep until 6 today!)

Originally my mom was going to get in Saturday, but the giant snowstorm hit Raleigh about 6 hours before they were scheduled to fly out, and they didn't get in until Sunday evening. Just in time to watch Carolina suck it up lose to Virignia. (Virginia?!?!?)

The cake, however, did arrive. And we got all the leftovers. So please, come have cake. We have plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics