11.28.2008

microbes, et. al.


I don't know about you, but I have been in love with Giant Microbes for years.  One year I selected a microbe to add to the stockings for each of my family members.  I currently own Stomach Ache, to no great surprise of anyone who knows me at all.

Each comes with a card that shows a photo of the actual microbe in action, and a description of the history/significance of the ailment.

When I first discovered these, there were maybe 10 or 12 microbes.  It's been awesome seeing the collection grow.  It's also fun to see what kinds of personalities some of them get.  Most are regular, like good old Black Mold there.  Some are hilarious, though.  Mono, aka The Kissing Disease, for example, has big beautiful eyes with eyelashes.  Mad Cow is white with black splotches.  Chicken Pox looks kinda like a rooster.  And they manage to make the really funny ones still look like the actual microbe.

The petri dishes are awesome, too.  They're a little dish of three mini-microbes.  

And now...there is even more exciting news from Giant Microbes.  

GIGANTIC MICROBES!  Can you believe it?  

This is amazing.  I want all of them.  One of EVERYTHING, please!  Seriously, though, these things are pretty affordable and are generally awesome, especially if you want to make someone laugh.

What a great way to be passive-aggressive, too.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I've never seen anthing quite like that, but what a crack-up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics