6.03.2009

the joyful affliction of early-rising birds

We are fortunate to live in a relatively wooded area, as far as 50s-suburban neighborhoods go.  Makes for lots of cute wildlife like rabbits and chipmunks and birds...lots of different kinds of birds.

We also have a blackberry bush/tree thing in the back yard, which we just discovered this past weekend.  That would explain all the purple bird poo.

I love having birds around, hearing them and seeing them and getting things thrown at me by them.  It makes me want to study bird calls so I can know who is screaming what at me.

Screaming, yes.  Am I the only one who sometimes gets woken by over-eager winged and feathered friends making all kinds of vocal racket outside at 3 and 4am?

Most of the time I don't mind, I guess, minus that whole you-woke-me-up-at-3am thing.  But still.  How is that a part of the natural way of things?  

5 comments:

  1. I thought I would spruce up my condo balcony by adding a hanging basket. Within a week I had a house finch nest in there. I tried watering it a little bit, sadly the plant died. BUT, I do have 4 baby finches there now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!!! I haven't seen or heard any baby birds that I know of, but I've seen some young rabbits... My family used to have birds as pets, I guess it's because of them that I like the wild ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, totally not just you. When we were living in Huntersville, it was like the birds lost their minds and started chirping in the middle of the night. It usually happened around daylight savings, and then eventually, they stopped. So don't worry, I doubt it'll last all summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooooooh huntersville :) I did notice it got a lot worse during DST

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics