5.12.2008

infomercials fix

Can I just say, I am a complete sucker for infomercials. I LOVE them. I could watch them for hours - in fact, I have.

The very first infomercial that I remember is some hand mixer. I don't remember much about it - I was probably 6 or 7 when it came on. I DO remember that you could make your own mayonnaise with it, though. Mayo! In your own kitchen!

A couple years ago when I was awake at nights sleepless over a breakup, I loved watching the Magic Bullet infomercial. It was fantastic, and it involved a guy with an accent - I don't remember if it was British or Australian. I wanted one ever since (the machine, not the foreigner), and my mom ended up getting me one as a wedding gift! Rock star! I haven't quite mastered it, but the day will come!!!!

Brian got burned by the Infinity Razor last year. It majorly sucked. I sold all of the 'but wait there's more!' on Ebay for 9 bucks a few months later. Suffice it to say, it was NOT the last razor we ever bought.

Much joy and excitement: I saw a whole slew of new ones yesterday. The new objects of my affection include ShamWows (their 30 second stint was a way better production rip-off of the the Zorbeez one) and Fix It! scratch repair kit. And the fitness enthusiast in me is a new fan of Perfect Pushup and that little ab cruncher green ball thing that I can't remember the name of.

Also intrigued by the Hercules Hook. Billy Mays, you are my hero.

Do you have any as-seen-on-tv experiences to share?

1 comment:

  1. I bought that pasta cooker cylinder (just add hot water)...Unless you like uber-al dente, the thing is useless...I'm such a sucka

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics