1.25.2011

Tha Mountains

Just a quick update this Tuesday morning. I'm still 'recovering' from the events of the weekend, and Monday sort of melted away without my even realizing it!

Specifically, I managed to go along on the young adults ski retreat this weekend - something I wasn't sure I'd be able to do, like ever, for lack of dog-sitting. Which was fine with me, I'm not a skier. But when a friend kept making a big deal about how much she liked our dogs, and I realized she wasn't going on the trip, I thought I'd ask if she'd mind hanging out here while I made a brief escape. She is awesome and it all worked out.

Breckenridge is a cute ski town, but I was laid up all weekend knitting, thanks to my chronic hip problem making a gnarly time of things. I wasn't able to go snow shoeing, but I had lots of down time to finish what may be one of my favorite knitting projects of all time. I'll post pictures once I get it washed and dried.

This week is shaping up to be eight kinds of busy. I totally phoned in last week, so there's some stuff to be done. You know how that goes...you spend too many days doing not quite enough, and then it bites you in the butt? I am right there. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Happy Monday Tuesday to you!

2 comments:

  1. That's too bad about the hip problem. Glad you had fun knitting though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live in Breckenridge and just love that cute little town! Staying in and knitting sounds nice also....glad you enjoyed your getaway!
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics