1.03.2011

swf iso kefir

Kefir, in case you don't know, is a culture milk product, kind of like yogurt but not as thick. I make my morning smoothies with it all the time. It's a probiotic and I've found it to be really filling and satisfying. Most morning anyway. Some days I need a bowl of grits.

My store stopped carrying the brand I like, and all the other brands are loaded with crap and sweeteners and yuck. I just want kefir, straight up kefir. So it's time to start making my own! As best I can tell, you put the kefir grains in milk and let them work their magic a while, and then you have kefir.

Except I don't know where to source kefir grains. Sadly.

But you all are smart, and maybe you know where I can find some!


So tell me - have you ever bought kefir grains, and if so, where did you get them?

2 comments:

  1. So...I've never had kefir, but I occiasionally read this blog called Nourishing Days, and she has a lot of links to where to buy starters and so forth. Here's the site she recommends for all kinds of starters:

    http://www.culturesforhealth.com/starter-cultures/kefir-cultures.html

    Let me know if you try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, Ashley, I swear you are on your way to becoming Amish. You're starting to make everything on your own are are losing your need for store-bought goods, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics