2.27.2013

i vote for the andorpersand

Here's a little example of something my editorial colleagues and I find humorous:


What strikes me as salient about these punctuation marks is that quite a few of them would offer signals about intent that would otherwise be missed due to the nature of the writing - presumably text messaging, where things are often written in haste and there isn't much opportunity to craft and nuance your words in a way that conveys your mood (for example, the "I'm not angry" and sarcasm-related punctuation). I wonder if the coming years will see the development of new punctuation (or repurposed punctuation) to meet that need.

Which one is your favorite?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Analytics